Thursday 15 August 2013

Watercolour Wednesday

(Although by the time the paint has dried and the internet has stopped being a bitch, it's Thursday.)

I've been following @charlesevansart on Twitter for a little while now and his paintings made me want to destroy more of my paper collection, so I did.




I ended up using different brushes and the whole-pan studio set because it's a bit stupid of me to waste travelling supplies when I'm sitting in my room. I struggled with them a little because there are lots of colours I'm not used to using and none of the colours are labelled. My half-pans have the colours written on the side of the pans but these don't. I'd guess the blue that I made so much use of was cobalt blue. Larger pans, larger brushes and larger paper was quite nice, though.

The paper has buckled a bit but it's had a LOT of water thrown at it. I can definitely tell it's better quality than the ancient paper I'm using for the practice sheets (I still haven't posted the last one, gulp). It didn't dissolve under pressure either, so that's good. I'm going to use the pad as a watercolour sketchbook of sorts. There's eleven sheets left for me to ruin/play with.




It's quite the landscape disaster, but I don't think I care that much. I used my own photos for reference and the location is one of my favourites.


No comments:

Post a Comment