Wednesday 28 August 2013

Art Dump plus one WIP

I was going to make separate posts for all of these, but then I decided that I couldn't really be bothered to.

First up is the sheet of flowers done with Copic markers. I put a preview of this on Instagram with just the lines drawn, so here's the "finished" version. The first one I couldn't really be bothered with. For its size, it was too detailed. The second one is probably my favourite: I like the colours and I like the way they blended together. The third one is too dark but I used the lightest colours so there's not much I can do about that. The fourth one needs Copic white and I don't have any, so that isn't quite finished, and the fifth one looked perfectly blended until it dried, otherwise that would've been my favourite instead. I could probably have played with it more but I didn't want to go back to it. These were completed ages ago - the date is written on the sheet.




Next is the watercolour sunset I previewed on Twitter. It was completed the day after the painting in the last post but I haven't had the chance to upload it before now. This is one of the most relaxing things I've ever painted - I loved every minute of it. I'm definitely going to do more skies!




Then there's a Copic multiliner brush pen scribble of Wish from one of the photos I took of him years ago. I couldn't be bothered to do his markings, especially with a brush pen (he's an Appaloosa) and I didn't want to ruin what I'd done as I was happy with it like this. It practically matches the photo and I couldn't erase anything because it was pen, so I was very happy to get the anatomy done. It's in an A5 sketchbook that I have solely for use with pen and ink and it's the third drawing in there.




The fourth drawing in the pen and ink sketchbook is this one of a (sort of) Rainbow Cobweb Delta Guppy. I bought a dip pen and drawing inks and this is my first try at using colours and doing a "proper" drawing with them. I got a bit carried away with it but the paper held up quite well and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I'd rather not know how many times I had to dip the pen.




Last but not least is a watercolour WIP with horses and stuff. I don't know if I'll ever get around to finishing it. It's been quite boring to do so far, if I'm being honest. I am extremely sick of seeing and mixing the colour green and the masking fluid tore the paper in several places so it looks a mess anyway. I don't know. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.




I'm going to return to the other watercolour flower soon so I can get that other sheet posted, then I'm going to try a few watercolours of people. No green there!

No comments:

Post a Comment