Monday 7 May 2012

Tulip

Program: Corel Painter X
Brushes: Detail oil brush (colour), Soft blender stump (blending)
Reference: My photograph

A year already! The last painting for my mother was the first digital painting I ever finished. A whole year has gone by and now ... this is the second digital painting I've ever finished. I really need to sort my tablet out. As with the last painting, this was made a print and sent to my mother for her birthday last month.




I painted it the same way as the previous one, but I worked a lot faster: this was started and finished in one night. I was annoyed at the lack of detail that it has - partly because I didn't have time and partly because my tablet just refuses to let me do things like that at the moment - but at the same time I can still see improvements from the previous piece. The blending is much better, for a start. Although the other painting is more detailed, it isn't blended as well. Tulips are more detailed to look at than daffodils anyway though, so I'm not sure if that's a fair comparison. My favourite part of the painting is the new signature, hah. I'm hoping to get more digital pieces finished this summer.

This was a scheduled post - I am busy with university. Back soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment